A Dolce Vita air dabs the aisles
Italy’s gastronomic reputation is well established throughout the world and so is its cheese and dairy products industry. Thanks to a diversified and quality offer -reflecting its renowned terroirs from north to south-, Italy presents 50 PDO, 50 PDO cheeses, 2 PGI and 2 ricottas.
“French consumers are also fans of high-quality Italian cheeses, as confirmed by a survey conducted in 2019 among cheesemongers: Parmesan, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella are the most sold foreign cheeses in their shops.
A quality offer, a growing demand… it seems obvious for the Cheese and Dairy Products Show, the international event for high-quality cheeses, to get closer to our neighbouring country and put Italy in the spotlight for the next session” says Céline Glineur, Exhibition Manager.
Italy in figures
- 400 types of cheeses
- 3rd cheese-producing country in Europe
- 50 PDOs, 2 PGIs and 2 ricottas
- 4 cheeses represent 80% of the italian PDO production: Grana Padano, Parmigiano Reggiano, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella di Bufala Campana)
- 26% of the PDO production is exported to mainly 4 countries: Germany, United-States, France, United-Kingdom
- France is the major destination for italian exported cheeses